Monday, August 29, 2011

Why Can't We Have That?

    I need some objective opinions.  In all of our coupon and savings pursuits, it has become abundantly clear that people in states other than ours (Florida), seem to have significant grocery store advantages.  Many of our neighbors to the north enjoy the awesome benefit of double coupons!  Seriously, why can't we have that?

     Many grocery stores outside of our area offer BOGO deals with the option of buying just one item at half price.  That would be great if it was an item that you rarely use and have no desire to purchase multiples of.  Why can't we have that?

     I fully understand that Florida is a tourist state.  I am aware that a huge portion of Florida's income is based on tourism.  Kids at the school where we work are a huge part of our summer tourism industry workforce.  Teachers that we work with have second jobs in the tourism industry.  My husband and I work summers in tourism.  I get it!!!!

    What I don't get is why full-time Florida residents can't save on the items that are being sold at inflated tourist prices.  There should be some way to get a local's card that signifies that people are eligible to receive the same discounts that are offered at the same store in other states.  Really?  How hard could this be?  I propose that full-time Florida residents be able to walk into a store.  Provide legitimate proof of residency.  Obtain a card and begin saving like people in other states.

     Sorry for the rant.  Just a little frustrated with the fact that I am missing out on substantial savings for my family.

     On a different note, if you have any Degree or Dove deodorant coupons, grab them!   Right now Publix has a $2 off coupon in their Green Advantage flyer.  you can combine that with a manufacturer's coupon to get very cheap, or even FREE deodorant!!!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment