Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's for dinner?

     "What's for dinner?"  This seems to be the first thing that my family asks every afternoon, and usually before I can even get in the door.  After a long day at work, dinner seems to be one of the last tasks that I want to deal with.  I try to make dinner as simple as possible.  Sondra and I are working on adding a page of simple go-to recipes that are healthy and family tested.  Occasionally we will try to include other meal tips and reminders in our regular posts. 

     One of Sondra's favorite go-to meals is "Octopus" served with macaroni and cheese and green beans.  Don't worry, it's not really octopus.  Before cooking, slice a hot dog three quarters of the way down.  Make several vertical cuts splitting the hot dog.  As it is cooked the strips will begin to curl outward forming an "octopus".  Serve with sides of macaroni and cheese and green beans.  Voila!  You have a healthy balanced quick meal.

     One of my favorite go-to meals is shredded beef tacos.  Put a roast in the crock pot with one and a half  packets of taco seasoning.  Allow to cook on low all day.  When you get home shred the roast and use for tacos.  Top with regular toppings.  This is a great alternative to regular taco night.  My family loves this!  I love it because it is easy.

Don't forget to thaw out whatever you have planned for dinner tomorrow night!  (Not that I have ever done that :-)

Let us know if you have any go-to recipes!  We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment