Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

     The first day of school is officially behind us.  All I can think is, "Is it Friday yet?"  What a day!  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad day.  The day flew by.  It was just filled with the standard first-day-of-school chaos that occurs annually. 

     Our oldest child started high school today.  It was mildly traumatizing for Mom and Dad, but he had an awesome day!  I am sooo not ready for "the high school years".  I thought I was ready, but maybe not.  I am not used to seeing my baby hanging out with all of these older kids.  He is supposed to be in kindergarten, not high school!!!

     Things are not much better with our youngest.  She started fourth grade today.  Again, she was fine.  She had a great day.  Mom and Dad, on the other hand, may not recover from our baby being half way through elementary school. We knew this would happen one day, just not this soon.  We are not prepared for our babies to grow up. 

     It was nice to be back in the routine of work.  Great to see all of the kids' smiling faces this morning.  Things were hectic, but the day went by quickly. 

     I haven't had the opportunity to do any bargain hunting today.  It was nice to come home to dinner already cooked in the crock pot because I planned ahead last night.  I will definitely do that again tonight.  Hmmmmm, I wonder what we could have.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment