Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Giving & Teaching Empathy doesn't have to be expensive

Believe it or not...the holidays are right around the corner.
 Today I stumbled upon a cool deal for myself and someone less fortunate than us.
Winn Dixie has their brand of a variety of canned veggies on sale this week at $6 for 10 cans.
You will also receive $.10 in Fuel Perks for each set of 10 cans that you purchase, with no limit. I was very happy to fill my cart with 20 cans because they are staples, they store well, and they make
perfect additions to our annual classroom Food Drive Baskets.
 (Don't worry, I didn't clear the shelves, they have pallets full in different areas of the store)
So for $12 I can feed my family, foster altruism in my students, help make an unfortunate family's holidays a little better, and subtract $.20 a gallon from my next fill-up!
I love it when a plan comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment